If you are trying to understand your risks for certain things, knowing the answers to some of these questions will help you figure it out. (Some you will know, some you may need to get from your OB.)
- How many weeks were you at your most recent ultrasound?
- What type of previa do you have? (low-lying, marginal/partial, or complete?)
- Is your previa anterior (on the front of your uterus), posterior (at the back), or central (centered on the cervix)?
- How far away from or over the os is your previa? (The os is the opening to your cervix; this measurement is usually in centimeters or millimeters.)
- How long is your cervix?
- Have you had a previous c-section? How many?